Designed by drivers, built by tax pros
Raise Trucker Pay To Attract New Drivers
A company-sponsored substantiated per diem plan can raise trucker pay to attract new drivers.
- Enhance recruiting and retention
- Raise driver pay by 10% or more
- Save a fleet several thousand dollars per driver
- Eliminate the need to retain ELD backups for 3 years
"I still think to get new people into the industry, given the 150K-200K driver deficit and robust demand in 2021, pay is going to have to go up a lot more than 20%."U.S Express CEO Eric Fuller told Yahoo Finance (9/30/20)
The Numbers Speak For Themselves
Adding a substantiated per diem program for employee drivers is a sure-fire way raise driver take-home pay by 10% or more while saving the motor carrier money. Consider the following:
- The typical over-the-road (OTR) driver averages 127,000 miles annually and is away from home 295 nights a year
- A driver would receive $19,470 of tax-free per diem at $66/day
- Unlike a cent-per-mile plan it can be earned during HOS-mandated 34-hour restarts and unforeseen delays
- The average driver will save thousands of dollars in income and payroll taxes, equivalent to several cents per mile
Example - Driver Savings
A single driver from South Carolina could save $6,046 in taxes equal to an extra 5.2 cents-per-mile. Learn how state tax rates impact per diem in our post State Income Tax Considerations of Driver Per Diem
Example - Fleet Savings
A fleet with 75 drivers and could raise driver pay by 10% or more and still save $206,250. Do not believe the savings are achievable? Read our Case Study. The motor carrier saved $3,000 per driver within the first year of implementing Per Diem Plus Fleets. In addition, they received a $125,000 workers compensation premium refund.
Our cloud-based AHRSMobile app platform enables fleets to easily implement an IRS-compliant fleet per diem plan that will raise driver take-home pay by 10% or more while also saving the motor carrier money.
AHRSMobile FLEETS platform, powered by Per Diem Plus, was designed, developed and is managed in the USA and is the only IRS-compliant mobile app platform that provides automatic trucker per diem and expense tracking for motor carriers.